In computer security, a login or logon or sign in or sign on refers to the credentials required to obtain access to a computer system or other restricted area. Logging in or logging on or signing in or signing on is the process by which individual access to a computer system is controlled by identifying and authenticating the user through the credentials presented by the user.
The Arab Water Council available vacancies
Job Title: Expert on Food Security Monitoring
ESCWA has been recently posted a job opportunity for an Expert on Food Security Monitoring in support of the project on Food and Water Security. Qualified consultants who would be interested in carrying out the task are encouraged to apply. Please note that the opening expires on 2 August 2016.
Also attached is a guide for consultant registration and application through Inspira.
For more details, please refer to UN Careers:
Job Title: Social Vulnerability Consultant
The Arab Water Council (AWC) in collaboration with the World Food Program (WFP) is currently seeking a consultant in Social Vulnerability to work under for project under The Framework of “LAS Climate Risk Nexus Initiative: addressing food security, water scarcity and social vulnerability to build resilience in the Arab region”.
The main objective of the consultant’s task is to review the concept of social vulnerability applicable to the Arab region and its implications, assess programs and activities that relate to and address social vulnerability, taking into consideration water, food and climate risks as well as gathering stakeholders to share experiences, discuss data, monitoring, and indicator needs, with a view towards establishing a way forward on how social vulnerability can be practically understood and addressed in the Arab region.
Only candidates meeting the requirements mentioned in the attached file are requested to apply. All applicants should send an updated CV (in English), not later than June 1st, 2016 to:
Job Title: Website Editor
- Work with the Web Site Committee to choose the content for the site (this can include pictures, graphics, articles, blogs, and other written and visual communications).
- Translate the content from English to Arabic and vv.
- Write the web materials when needed
- Maintain correct and current information on website.
- Edit and update the content in regular manner.
- Assist in uploading the content.
- Monitor visitor behaviors by reviewing website statistics to ensure that Web content meets the needs and interests of website visitors.
- Check page popularity by the number of visitors and remove content that has low levels of interest. They may also encourage feedback by providing the means for visitors to leave comments.
- Maintain communication with website host troubleshooting issues in functionality
- Coordinate response to all website inquiries, answering emails when appropriate.
- Make sure all items on website follow AWC and Area specific guidelines
- Provide recommendations regarding Website guidelines.
- Perform any translation duties.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or mass communication
• Proficiency in English Language
• Excellent Bilingual written, verbal communication skills and editing skills, with an understanding of the special requirements of writing for the Web, such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity.
• Organizational skills to collate material from multiple sources and produce web content within tight deadlines.
• Working knowledge and understanding of the organization involved.
• Having good eye for detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills. Editors must have good interpersonal skills to work effectively with contributors, designers and webmasters.
• Working knowledge of basic computer applications, including those involving: word processing, spreadsheets, PDF creation, photo and graphic editing.
• Internet skills and knowledge.
• Excellent time and project management skills.
• Experience and ability to work harmoniously with a wide range of people.
• Self motivated; ability to accomplish tasks with minimal instruction.